Your safety and well-being are of utmost importance to APDerm and our network of practices across New England. We are closely monitoring the developments and information about the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19), and have taken extra precautions to ensure your safety. We are actively monitoring the progression of information as issued by the Center for Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), and our local and state governments.
As a rule, we follow stringent cleaning and sanitizing procedures at each practice location. We pride ourselves on a clean and safe healthcare environment. In addition to our standard cleaning procedures, here are some of the additional steps we’re taking:
- Patient screenings are done at the time of scheduling, at appointment reminders, and at the time of their appointment.
- We are directing our patients with risk factors for Covid-19 to reschedule at a later date and to be appropriately medically evaluated.
- All magazines and flyers have been removed from our offices and waiting areas.
- Pens are switched out and cleaned between each use.
- Exam rooms are wiped down with disinfecting wipes between each patient’s visit.
- Our clinicians and staff are refraining from hand-shaking with patients.
- Thoughtful, frequent handwashing is practiced by every team member from the office staff to the clinicians. This habit has always been in place.
We have spoken in depth with our team about the virus, including how it’s transmitted, and the common symptoms. While we understand and share the community concern about this virus, please know that we are taking every precaution and you can have confidence in the safety of your visits with us. Patient care and safety are our priority above all during this current public health situation.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call (978) 381-4495.