At APDerm, we care deeply about our patients and staff, so during the Covid-19 crisis we’ve kept their safety and wellbeing at the forefront of all our decisions. We closed our offices a week or more prior to any state mandated closures, and have continued to meet and exceed local, state and national health and safety guidelines. While doing so, we understand that it’s still vital for our patients to have access to dermatological care in a safe environment, which we have made available through Teledermatology (“virtual” visits) and urgent care. This has allowed critical access to timely and effective diagnoses and treatment.
We’re excited to announce that we’re now open 5 days a week at all of our locations, and are accepting new patients. Working within the Center for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines, APDerm has developed stringent policies and procedures to ensure the safety and well-being of our patients, clinicians, and team members.
Rest assured that APDerm will always put your safety first as we continue to provide exceptional dermatologic care to our patients and community—and have achieved or exceeded all standards of cleanliness and safety.
Below are some of our enhanced safety protocols to protect your health and well-being:
- Screening for COVID-19 – to minimize risk of exposure, we’re screening patients for COVID-19 during scheduling, when confirming an appointment, and when checking-in for their appointment (virtually). Patients with risk factors for Covid-19 will be directed to reschedule at a later date.
- Checking Temperatures – once patients are called up to the office for their appointment, a staff member will greet them at the door and check their temperature. If the patient has a fever, they will be asked to reschedule their appointment and to reach out to their primary care provider. (Be aware that being in a hot environment can affect your temperature. So please avoid being exposed to extreme temperatures before your appointment.)
ENHANCED IN-OFFICE SAFETY
- Virtual Check-in & Check-out – all patients will virtually check-in and check-out of their appointments, over the phone.
- Waiting in the Car (instead of the Waiting Room) – patients will be asked to remain in their car until they receive a call by a staff member.
- Wearing Surgical Masks – patients will be given a surgical mask upon entry into the clinic if they do not bring their own mask. All clinicians and staff will also be wearing a mask.
- No Visitors – visitors accompanying the patient will be asked to wait in their car unless they are needed to assist the patient. If the patient is a minor, one parent will be allowed with the patient.
- No hand-shaking – to reduce the spread of germs, we ask patients and staff to refrain from shaking hands.
ENHANCED CLEANING AND SANITIZNG – as a rule, we follow stringent cleaning and sanitizing procedures at each practice location. We pride ourselves on a clean and safe healthcare environment, and are being extra diligent:
- Commonly used surfaces, such as exam room chairs, exam room pillows, soap and sanitizer dispensers, doorknobs, and pens will be cleaned and disinfected between patient encounters
- Thoughtful, frequent handwashing is practiced by every team member from the office staff to the clinicians. This habit has always been in place.
APDerm is Committed to Your Safety
APDerm® is committed to the safety and well-being of our patients and staff. We will continue to adhere to and exceed the standards set by the CDC and state public health departments to ensure our practices are a clean and safe environment. Our safety procedures will continue to evolve, as we learn more about COVID-19 and how best to protect our patients and the community.
We will continue to offer our Telederm virtual services, as well as Urgent and Necessary Care at select locations, and encourage our patients to stay vigilant about their health—including their skin concerns. You can call us at (978) 315-6320 or fill out the form below to schedule your appointment or learn more.