John A. Watson, MD joined Adult & Pediatric Dermatology, PC in January 2018.
Dr. Watson was born and raised in Queens, NYC. After graduating from Northwestern University, he received his medical degree from The University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine in 1988. This was followed by a family practice residency at Overlook Hospital in Summit, NJ. Dr. Watson then served as a staff family physician and flight surgeon at Plattsburgh Air Force Base in Plattsburgh, NY from 1991-1995. During this time, he volunteered for and served in ‘Operation Restore Hope’ as well as in operations in Kuwait and was honorably discharged at the rank of Major. Dr. Watson went on to complete a dermatology residency at Vanderbilt University. He moved to New Hampshire in 1998 to join Dartmouth-Hitchcock Clinic first in Keene and then in Nashua where he was Chair of the Department of Dermatology. He was chosen by his peers as a leading physician in dermatology in New Hampshire Magazine in 2008.
Dr. Watson’s interests in dermatology include the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of skin cancer, and the use of phototherapy and systemic agents to treat psoriasis. He enjoys treating patients of all ages and considers himself to be a family physician for the skin.
His personal interests include traveling with his family and piloting his Cessna 182 Skylane.
- Ayer, Massachusetts
- Manchester, New Hampshire
- Diplomat, The American Board of Dermatology
- Diplomat, National Board of Medical Examiners
- Emerson Hospital
- Lowell General Hospital
- Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
Professional Societies & Memberships
- Fellow, American Academy of Dermatology (F.A.A.D.)
- New England Dermatological Society
- New Hampshire Society for Dermatology
- American Contact Dermatitis Society
- National Psoriasis Foundation
- American Medical Association
- New Hampshire Medical Society