HAVE YOU CONSIDERED A GAP YEAR INTERNSHIP AS A MEDICAL ASSISTANT BEFORE MEDICAL SCHOOL?
The APDerm Network of Practices consists of multiple brands that share a dedication to delivering exceptional outcomes by making comprehensive dermatology services available and accessible to all patients within their local communities.
As a gap year intern, you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn about general, surgical and cosmetic dermatology
- Obtain valuable patient care that is transferrable to any specialty
- Receive mentorship from practicing Dermatologists
- Maximize your changes of getting into medical school
- Receive medical school interview training
- Collaborate with other Gap Interns
As a Gap Medical Assistant, you can expect to:
- Assist physicians with office procedures for biopsies, surgeries and treatments for various skin conditions
- Document/scribe for physicians in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
- Provide patient education and post-operative care instructions
- Work as part of a team within the practice
APDerm offers competitive pay, paid time off (PTO), sick time, paid holidays, health, dental, and other voluntary benefits, effective on your date of hire.
Please contact Cameron Cunningham at email@example.com if you are interested in learning more about a Gap Intern role at APDerm or fill out the form below.