If you have acne scars—you are not alone!
Acne scarring is a direct result from the most common skin condition in the United States – acne.
Acne scarring occurs when there has been a permanent change in the fibrous connective tissue of the skin. Damage to your skin is caused by inflamed blemishes breaking the skin barrier or irritating your breakouts by poking and prodding at them. Acne scars can range from moderate to severe and may take several treatments to fully heal.
There are two major types of acne scars:
- Depressed acne scars
- These are the most common types of acne scars. They present as a depression or indentation on the skin, often leading to uneven skin tone. Included in this category are rolling scars, boxcar scars, and icepick scars which can be very difficult to cover up. Each creates a different type of crater in your skin.
- Raised acne scars
- These are known as keloid or hypertrophic scars. They appear as raised lesions or scar tissue on the skin and are more commonly found on the chest and back.
Our dermatologists want you to feel and look your best! Our offices offer a variety of acne scar treatments tailored to your skin’s needs.
- Skin Resurfacing Treatment
- Chemical Peels
- Cosmetic Fillers
- Laser Therapy
- Skin Rejuvenation Treatments
- Home therapy treatments recommended by our dermatologists
Take advantage of our online booking system to set up a consultation today!