At APDerm, we care deeply about you, so during the Covid-19 crisis we’ve kept your safety and wellbeing at the forefront of all our decisions. Working within the Center for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines, APDerm has developed stringent policies and procedures to ensure the safety and well-being of your patients.
Below are some of our enhanced safety protocols to protect our patients health and well-being:
COVID-19 Safety Protocol:
- Our office will call you 24-48 hours before your appointment for virtual check in and to review COVID-19 screening & protocol.
- Upon arrival at the office, the patient will wait in their car until the patient is called via cell phone to come up to the office. You do not need to call us when you arrive.
- Wear a mask-one will be provided if you do not have one.
- If you answer yes to any of the following questions, please call us to reschedule out 14 days:
- Do you have a fever, newly developed cough, shortness of breath, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell?
- Have you been exposed to a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days? If yes, was your exposure protected with appropriate personal protective equipment, or was the exposure brief for less than 15 minutes?
- Have you traveled outside of New England, New York, New Jersey, or Hawaii in the last 14 days?
- Visitors: We request that no family or friends accompany you unless you require assistance or a minor
- We will take your temperature upon your arrival
(Be aware that being in a hot environment can affect your temperature. So please avoid being exposed to extreme temperatures before your appointment.)
ENHANCED CLEANING AND SANITIZING
As a rule, we follow stringent cleaning and sanitizing procedures at each practice location. We pride ourselves on a clean and safe healthcare environment
APDerm is Committed to Your Safety
What are patients saying about our in-office safety protocols?
- 98% of patients said they felt Safe or Very Safe during their in-office visit (89% felt Very Safe).
- 98% of patients would Recommend APDerm to a friend or colleague.
- 96% of patients said that APDerm’s COVID-19 in-office safety procedures were Great.
- 95% of patients said the safety protocols during their visit with the provider were Very Easy.
“My office visit went perfectly. Dr. Williams and her medical assistant, Natasha, were professional, courteous, and very aware of the COVID-19 prevention protocol. I safely received excellent care. I provided all insurance information prior to the appointment, so there was no on-site checkout or bill payment.” – Mary
“I was impressed by how comfortable you made me feel. Right down to the nurse squirting the hand sanitizer on my hands as opposed to me touching the pump.”- Virginia
“Without a doubt this has to be the most well run professional Medical experience that I have encountered, the Staff were very friendly from start to finish, I would highly recommend APDerm to all of my associates in my work and personal environment, well done.” – Patrick
Patient Safety and Care is Our Priority
As we adjust to the new normal and begin to open offices, you can rest assured that your well-being and safety are always our top priority at APDerm. Here are a few things you should know:
Don’t Delay Treatment: There is no reason to delay dermatology care. APDerm is treating urgent care and necessary care patients in the office. We are caring for patients with less serious dermatology issues with teledermatology. Teledermatology is an excellent option to evaluate dermatology issues. Your health is essential.
APDerm is Safe: Working within the Center for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines, APDerm has developed stringent policies and procedures to ensure the safety and well-being of our patients, clinicians, and team members.
APDerm is prepared for the new normal. As government guidelines continue to evolve, APDerm will adapt our safety protocols and services to meet the needs of our patients. We will continue to provide you, our patient, exceptional dermatology care in a safe environment.
In response to the COVID crisis, and for your convenience and safety, APDerm offers care through secure dermatologist consultations via phone or video chat for Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Rhode Island residents. This “virtual care” is just like an in-office appointment with the dermatologists you trust but is available by phone or video.
Complete the form below to schedule an in-office Urgent Care, Necessary Care, or a virtual Teldermatology appointment.
54 Baker Avenue Extension
Suites 305 & 306
Concord, MA 01742
201 Boston Post Road West
Suites 200 & 202
Marlborough, MA 01752
153 East Washington Street
North Attleboro, MA 02760
128 Carnegie Row
Norwood, MA 02062
133 Littleton Road
Suites 203, 205 & 206
Westford, MA 01886
87 McGregor Street
Suite 2100 Notre Dame Pavilion
Manchester, NH 03102