For your convenience and safety, APDerm will now offer care through secure dermatologist consultations via phone for Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Rhode Island residents. This “virtual care” is just like an in-office appointment with the dermatologists you trust but is available by phone.
Benefits of Teledermatology
- Dermatology appointments from the comfort and safety of your home
- Fast appointments – see a Board Certified Dermatologist in less than a week
- Flexible appointments – for you, your child, or another dependent
- Personalized treatment plans
- Prescriptions for the medicines you need
- Telehealth visits are now* covered by Medicare and most insurances (*due to recent COVID-19 events)
Virtual Telederm Visits are Safe, Simple and Effective
- Fill out the form – we’ll contact you to set up an appointment!
- Email any relevant pictures to your physician (encrypted)
- Your physician will call you during your virtual appointment—via phone or video chat
Fill out the form below to schedule your appointment, or to find out more about Teledermatology:
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Teledermatology (Telederm)?
Teledermatology is similar to an office visit to your dermatologist, only instead of traveling to your doctor, you can conference with them from your home. In telederm, telecommunication technologies such as phone and video chat are used for “virtual” appointments to diagnose and treat common skin conditions. You can speak with a Board-Certified Dermatologist, Physician Assistant, or Nurse Practitioner from the comfort and safety of your home, and receive prompt diagnoses and prescriptions.
Can I see my dermatologist online?
Telederm allows you to speak with a Board-Certified Dermatologist via phone call or video chat.
What kind of services can I get with Teledermatology? Are Virtual Visits Only Available for Certain Conditions?
We can diagnose and treat many skin, hair and nail conditions via our telederm consultations. The most common appointments are for:
- Medication/Prescription Refills and Counseling
Can I get prescriptions for medicine from Teledermatology?
Yes! Our Board-Certified Dermatologists can prescribe or refill medications, as needed.
Are My Personal Health Information and Photos Kept Confidential?
Yes! Your personal information and communications during your Teledermatology appointment are secure and 100% HIPAA compliant.
Who can sign-up for immediate online visits?
Right now, virtual visits are available to Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Rhode Island residents.
Is This Service Covered by Insurance?
Telemedicine and Teledermatology is now covered by Medicare and most insurance plans. The changes were made recently due to the COVID-19 crisis. Please call us at (978) 288-0042 to confirm the details of your coverage.
What If I Need an In-Office Procedure or Skin Biopsy?
If your doctor determines that an in-office procedure is needed, our staff will schedule an in-person appointment as soon as possible.