Peter J SandsMD
Board Certified Dermatologist
Ages Treated: All
Offers Telederm Virtual Visits
- Board Certified Dermatologist
- Currently accepting new patients
- Most insurance plans accepted
Peter J Sands, MD Practices at the Following Locations
About Peter J Sands, MD
Peter J. Sands, MD joined Adult & Pediatric Dermatology, PC in April 2018 and works out of our Concord, New Hampshire location.
Dr. Sands was born and raised in Albany, New York. He graduated magna cum laude from Amherst College where he majored in political science and biology. He received his medical degree with honors from the New York University School of Medicine in 1990. Dr. Sands completed an internship in internal medicine at Yale New Haven Hospital and completed his residency in dermatology at The Emory University Affiliated Hospitals in Atlanta.
Dr. Sands returned to New England in 1994 to join Dartmouth-Hitchcock Clinic in Concord, New Hampshire. He was awarded New Hampshire Magazine’s Top Doctor’s Readers’ Poll Leading Physician in Dermatology in 2014.
Dr. Sands’ interests in dermatology include the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of skin cancer, and the use of phototherapy and systemic agents to treat psoriasis. He enjoys working with patients of all ages.
He loves to needlepoint pillows and ride his Peleton cycle.
Awards and Accreditation:
- Emerson Hospital
- Concord Hospital
Professional Societies & Memberships
- Fellow, American Academy of Dermatology (F.A.A.D.)
- New England Dermatological Society
- New Hampshire Society for Dermatology
- Adjunct Assistant Professor of Surgery (Dermatology) at The Geisel School of Medicine in Hanover, New Hampshire