Uchenna OkerekeMD, MSc, FAAD
Board Certified Dermatologist
Ages Treated: All
Offers Telederm Virtual VisitsBOOK AN APPOINTMENT >
- Accepting New Patients
Uchenna Okereke, MD, MSc, FAAD Practices at the Following Locations
About Uchenna Okereke, MD, MSc, FAAD
Uchenna Okereke, MD, MSc, FAAD, is a board-certified dermatologist with Dermatology Associates in Canton. She provides treatment to a wide range of dermatologic ailments, including but not limited to acne, rosacea, and eczema. She specializes in hair loss, skin of color, and aesthetics.
Dr. Okereke believes in using medical treatments in combination with state-of-the-art technology to treat her patients to ensure positive results, and a positive experience under her care. She is experienced in PRP treatments for hair loss and advanced cosmetic dermatology treatments, including Botox ®, Xeomin, natural enhancement fillers, microneedling, laser treatments and chemical peels for her diverse patient population.
Dr. Okereke received her dual BS/BA undergraduate degrees from George Washington University. She graduated with Honors from Meharry Medical College and went on to complete one year of internal medicine at Cornell New York Presbyterian-Queens. She completed dermatology residency at the University of Iowa, where she was the cosmetic coordinator. Additionally, Dr. Okereke completed a fellowship in dermatopharmacology at New York University, where she served as sub-investigator for clinical trials on treatments for psoriasis, eczema, and PRP injections for hair loss.
Amidst all her endeavors, Dr. Okereke makes time to give back. She has spent time working with the Siletz Native American tribe on the Oregon Coast. She is a mentor to premed students, med school students, and dermatology residents. When she is not working, Dr. Okereke loves spending time with her daughter, Adaora.
Awards and Accreditation:
- Women’s Dermatologic Society Mentorship Award – 2018
- North American Hair Research Society Mentorship Award – 2018
- Influential Dermatologist, P&G Science Behind the Technology Symposium – 2018
- American Skin Association Research Grant – 2014
- Awardee, Resident/Fellow Competition, Skin of Color Society Symposium – 2014
- American Academy of Dermatology
- Women’s Dermatologic Society
- American Society of Dermatologic Surgery
- Skin of Color Society
- National Medical Association
- Massachusetts General Hospital